Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Walk in Pictures

As I walked into town on Saturday, I was very encouraged to see that the seen-better-days-but-still-fabulous Long Street Baths (a bone fide original 1908 Turkish-style bathhouse) is receiving a small face-lift in the form of a new coat of paint. I almost fainted when I saw that all of the original Art Nouveau-esque font had been 'washed' over, but I hope that meticulous reapplication is in store for each letter...




I then grabbed a latte at YOURSTRULY and had to share this charming insight inscribed on a pillar...


After running a few errands, and getting soaked (always expect an unexpected shower in Cape Town), I stopped in at O.Live - a gem on Kloof Street, always beautifully merchandised and inspiring...



Finally, feeling somewhat peckish, I walked further up the hill to a favourite haunt - The Power and the Glory - for their outstanding hot dog (on a salty pretzel roll)... 


All in all, a very satisfying morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment