Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Acquired - At Housing Works

I am rather pleased with this little painting, found while rummaging through the treasures at Housing Works in Chelsea (NYC). It was such a steal. There is also a remnant of another painting lodged in the back of the frame, which I may try to salvage. It should be mandatory to frequent the HW thrift stores that are dotted about Manhattan and Brooklyn - the proceeds benefitting the homeless and those living with HIV Aids. The more valuable donated items can be found in the windows of each store. These items can only be purchased via the ever-revolving online auctions. In past occasions, I have found Dolce and Gabbana jeweled evening shoes, a Stella McCartney stag keyring (which I made into a necklace) and a vintage gold and turquoise embroidered brocade skirt - all for absolute bargains. Read more about Housing Works here...


1 comment:

  1. That painting is beyond fantastic. I am dark green with envy! I also want to thank you for all the interesting images you post. I look forward to each new one.

    ReplyDelete